What is a Blended Course?
Heartsaver Blended Learning courses include an online portion and a hands-on session. The online portion provides the flexibility of completing training at your own pace, either at work, home, or wherever you have Internet access. The hands-on portion includes a skills practice and testing session conducted in-person with an AHA BLS or Heartsaver Instructor.
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Online is the eLearning portion of the Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Blended Learning Course. It teaches students information needed to respond to and manage illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives.
After completing the online portion, students must complete hands-on skills session with an AHA BLS or Heartsaver Instructor.
Upon successful completion of both portions of the course, students receive a Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course completion card, valid for two years.
- Child care workers
- Foster care workers
- Camp counselors
- Youth organizations
- Coaches for children’s sports organizations
- Others responsible for children including parents, grandparents, babysitters and guardians
- Self-paced; can be completed wherever Internet access is available
- Includes interactive exercises and videos
- Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully
- Provides access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of the course key
- Includes audio and transcription for students who may have a hearing or visual disability
- Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs
- Navigation controls provide students with the flexibility to move easily through content and customize their learning experience