The First Aid Course teaches rescuers to effectively recognize and treat adult emergencies in the critical first minutes until emergency medical services personnel arrive.
Content / Modules:
- Adult first aid (general principles, medical emergencies and injury emergencies)
- Optional: Environmental emergencies
Features / Benefits:
- Modular format creates course flexibility
- Ideal for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback from an instructor while learning skills
- Each student receives the highest quality course materials to supplement their learning
- Student CD-ROM (included with student workbook) includes additional information on CPR and AED that students can reference after the course
- Designed for employee training at companies, corporations, businesses or other entities.
- For employees and/or designated first responders who have a duty to respond to a first aid emergency because of job responsibilities or regulatory requirements.
Written Exam / Skills Testing for completion: Skills testing with Certified Instructor during course (No written exam.)
Card Type/Certification by Health And Safety Institute (HSI) First Aid course completion card.
Valid for 2 years from date successful completion
Estimated Class Time: (may vary with class size): 3.5 hours